Are you on the hunt for an instant Chime® cash advance?
Many cash advance apps loan you money and easily connect to your Chime® account.
Chime® also has a $200 SpotMe® feature that lends you $200!
Here are the nine best Chime® cash advance apps so there are no more guessing games and wasted time.
This article will dive into many cash advance apps, so you have plenty to choose from, depending on your needs.
- Many money apps connect with Chime®.
- Even if a payday loan app doesn’t connect to Chime® directly, an easy solution is using an intermediary account.
- Chime® SpotMe® isn’t an instant loan but rather overdraft protection.
How to Get a Cash Advance with Chime®
To get a cash advance from Chime®, you can utilize their SpotMe® feature or explore the option of using cash advance apps that are compatible with Chime®.
Use Chime® SpotMe® Feature
Getting a cash advance through the Chime® SpotMe® feature (effectively a Chime® loan) can be helpful during financial pinch points. Here’s how you do it:
- First, you must verify if you’re eligible for the SpotMe® service, as Chime® extends this benefit to selected account holders who receive $200 or more in direct deposits.
- Then, ensure you’ve set up direct deposit on your Chime® Spending Account, increasing your chances of getting approval for SpotMe®.
- To activate the SpotMe® feature, go to ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘SpotMe®.’ Follow the prompts to enable this service.
- Once enabled, Chime® allows you to overdraft your account by up to $20 without any fees with its SpotMe® feature.
- The borrowed amount will be automatically repaid when your next deposit hits your account, so regularly ensure sufficient funds.
- If desired, increase your SpotMe® limit up to $100 based on usage and consistent qualifying direct deposits.
- Lastly, remember that using SpotMe® does not affect your credit score because Chime® doesn’t report it to credit bureaus.
Chime® Cash Advance Using Other Apps
When it comes to getting Chime® loans, there are several cash advance apps that you can use to access your earnings before your next payday. These apps work seamlessly with Chime® to provide you with quick and convenient access to cash when you need it most.
Next, we’ll list some of the top cash advance apps that are compatible with Chime®.
9 Chime® Instant Loan Alternatives
First, sign up with Chime®, and as a bonus, you’ll earn $100 when you receive a payroll direct deposit of $200 or more within the first 45 days of opening your Chime® checking account!
These cash advance apps do not require a credit check and have instant approval to make getting your money super quick and easy.
With these cash advance apps, you can get cash advances ranging from $20 to $250+.
The Albert app is one of the best ways to borrow money online and is a highly-rated & trustworthy financial app. Their cash advance process is quick, seamless, and user-friendly. It’s a wonderful option for interest-free cash advances.
- Zero late fees, credit checks, or interest
- Instant, short-term loans up to $250
- Free cash account (no ChexSystems or credit check required)
- Automatic savings
- Bill negotiation and subscription monitoring
Does Albert Work with Chime®?
It sure does!
If you want a cash advance with Chime®, Albert is the best cash loan app for the job. Albert and Chime® work perfectly well together like a dynamic money-savior duo. You can directly connect your accounts and immediately transfer any cash advance funds into your Chime® account.
When it comes to connecting cash advance apps with Chime®, this is one of the more convenient connections that allows for early access to your paycheck without a lot of hassle to do so.
How Do You Connect Chime® with Albert?
- Go to the Budget tab.
- Tap the + button at the top of the screen.
- If Chime® isn’t listed, try searching for it by name.
- On the following screen, enter Chime®’s account credentials.
If you can’t find Chime® there, you can manually add it.
You might also be interested in learning what cash advances apps work with Cash App.
2. Brigit Cash Advance – Automatic Advances with Credit Builder (up to $250)
The credit builder and automatic advances feature make Brigit stand out among cash advance apps.
This feature is excellent because you build credit with each paycheck advance you take.
This is my go-to app for cash advances because I love credit builder loans (shouldn’t all cash advance apps help your credit?) and the accompanying personal finance tips.
- Zero hidden fees, credit checks, or interest
- Instant, short-term instant cash advances up to $250
- Credit builder reports to credit bureaus automatically
- Automatic advances to prevent overdraft fees
- Finance helper & personalized financial health
- Backed by Will Smith & Kevin Durant
The auto advances will monitor your connected account for overdraft risks and automatically deposit money to prevent bank fees. Brigit is changing how payday advance apps positively affect your credit, and we’re here for it.
Does Brigit Work with Chime®?
Brigit doesn’t directly link to Chime® due to issues maintaining connectivity. Using a bridge account as a middleman, you can still use the two apps together.
However, Brigit is an excellent option regarding cash advance apps, so it’s worth using the middleman to make it work.
So, if you want to use Brigit for a paycheck advance but use the cash advance money in your Chime® account, it would look like this:
- Connect a standard bank account to your Brigit account.
- Connect your bank account to your Chime® account.
- Process your loan through Brigit and deposit the funds into your bank account.
- Transfer the loan funds from your bank account to your Chime® account.
It’s a bit of a workaround, but it works fabulously if you want to use Chime® with Brigit or any other cash advance apps like Brigit that don’t directly support a connection to Chime®. Then you can use the funds through your Chime® debit card, which is undoubtedly convenient.
You can also use credit score tracking features without changing your spending account.
You’ll receive insider tips on making money online, side hustle ideas, and more. Subscribe now and take control of your financial future.
I promise not to spam, sell, or share your information.
3. Earnin – No Credit Checks, No Fees & No Waiting (up to $500)
Earnin is one of the best cash advance apps for helping people get early access to their paychecks.
With Earnin, people can get up to $100/day or $500/paycheck – instant cash with no interest, no hidden fees, and of course, no credit check.
- Zero hidden fees, no interest/penalties, or credit checks
- Instant, short-term cash advance loans up to $500 with no waiting
- Balance shield alerts for low account balances with $100 automatic deposits
- Simple and fast setup that works with most banks
Cash advance apps like Earnin are highly rated for a reason – users are satisfied with the app, which says a lot. Regarding a cash advance app (that works well), you want a good experience free of hassles and frustration.
Their regular cash advance app is free, but they also have an upgraded version called Genius, which offers a personalized financial plan to reach your goals in addition to cash advances. It carries a monthly fee of $8.
Does Earnin Work with Chime®?
According to the Earnin website, the paycheck advance service is currently being tested with a small group of Chime® users.
Earnin is improving its cash advance service to provide full-fledged support for Chime® connections.
Using Earnin with Chime® is a bit of a trial-and-error process.
If your Earnin app does not allow you to connect to Chime®, you can use a different account as a bridge between the two, just like we mentioned with Brigit. This is also a great cash advance app and worth a little extra effort to get it connected to your Chime® account.
How Do You Connect Chime® with Earnin?
You can try linking to Chime® in the Earnin app like this:
- Open the Earnin app settings
- Select ‘My Bank’
- Look for Chime®. If it’s listed, select it and enter your Chime® information.
- Check to see if you received the confirmation and if you are one of the lucky Chime® users Earnin supports for cash advances.
If Earnin confirms that your Chime® account has been successfully linked, enable the “Allow Transactions” option in your Chime® account settings.
Earnin can now send “Cash Outs” to Chime® and auto-debit your account with any payday loans you process.
You can refer to their website for step-by-step instructions.
Earnin does not charge interest or payments but requests a tip when you use it to advance money from your next pay period.
4. Cleo – Flexible Cash Advance
Sign up for Cleo Plus service and link to Chime® or a debit card to get the cash advance.
Cleo supports over 3,000 U.S. banks/providers, with Chime® among the top ten.
Cleo is an AI-powered chatbot that functions similarly to a money management app, allowing you to link a bank and analyze your direct deposits and spending habits. It’s an intuitive option among other payday advance apps. Cash advance apps like Cleo are fantastic because of those features that really help you build your credit rather than only borrow money.
- A payday loan of $20-$100
- There are no interest fees
- Payback any time between 3 and 28 days.
- Low monthly fee of $5.99
Cleo also allows you to borrow interest-free cash advances up to $100 for up to 28 days if you’ve been using it for a while. You must subscribe to the Cleo Plus service based on your spending habits and fund balance.
Does Cleo Work with Chime®?
There are no unique methods to get the accounts linked. Simply add Chime® when prompted to add a bank account, and that’s that!
5. MoneyLion – No Fees Cash Advance
It’s a membership-based cash advance app that allows you to get up to $250 (no interest) ahead of payday. It also offers short-term loans.
Here are some notable features:
- Instant cash advances of up to $250
- No interest fees
- No late fees
- No credit check
- Debit card available
Regarding cash advance apps, MoneyLion is a well-rounded option with many convenient features that make it stand out, such as the lack of late fees or credit checks.
Does MoneyLion Work with Chime®?
It sure does 🙂
To link a Chime® account in MoneyLion, navigate to the “Finances” tab at the bottom of the MoneyLion home screen and click “Link an account.”
Chime® can be found by selecting it from the list of options or using the search bar.
To be eligible under their terms, keep a few things in mind when connecting Chime® to MoneyLion:
- The account has been open for at least two months and receives regular income/paycheck deposits.
- It has a favorable balance.
6. Dave – Simple Cash Advance App
Dave is one of the simpler, easy-to-use cash advance apps that connect well to Chime®.
Dave typically offers cash advances to cover minor expenses (up to $75).
It operates on voluntary tips, and its cash advance feature has a $1 monthly subscription fee.
Here are some noteworthy points:
- A $200 cash advance feature is available with the setup of direct deposit.
- With a linked bank, you can get a $100 advance
- Credit enhancer to improve your credit score
- Chime® is linked directly to Dave.
- No interest
- No credit check
- FDIC insured
- Low monthly fee of $1
There appear to be no issues for users who bank with Chime® and use Dave, which makes these two stellar apps a great combination of intelligent money tools.
How to Request an Advance with Dave (Step-by-Step)
Here’s how it works:
- Navigate to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Select ‘Get cash now.’
- Choose the amount to advance.
- Confirm the date of your auto-payback.
- Check the following boxes on the Confirm Advance screen:
- Amount of the advance
- Tip amount
- Choose a delivery method.
- Standard – Free – Delivery in 3 business days
- Instant – Low Cost – Arrives in seconds to 8 hours.
- Last four digits of a debit card or checking account
- The total amount, as well as the due date
- To agree to the payment authorization, check the box.
- To confirm, move the slider.
Does Dave Work with Chime®?
Yes, Dave works well with Chime®. The two can be directly connected, making for hassle-free transfers and simplicity when using those cash advance funds immediately when needed.
Here’s how to set up the connection:
- Navigate to the Profile tab.
- Select Linked Banks and Cards
- Change the setting next to Linked Banks.
- Change the bank and then click Continue.
7. Varo – Bank App with Loan Feature
Varo operates more like a traditional bank than most payday advance apps in this article, although it can be considered a cash advance app because they do offer similar short-term loans.
They also offer bank and savings accounts, which is nice if you want a full money management app with tools to manage your money along with payday loans. They also include personal finance tips and education, which is priceless.
It connects beautifully to Chime®.
They do charge fees for their Varo Advance (cash advance). There are no monthly fees for a subscription, late payment, or returned payment. The fee schedule is per advance. The fees range from $0 for a $20 advance to $12.50 for a $250 advance.
However, unlike other payday loans, they do not charge a fee to immediately transfer it to your account.
Features of Varo (Including Instant Cash)
Here are some great features of Varo:
- Up to $100 in cash advance
- No hidden fees (they’re very upfront about what fees are charged and why; nothing is hidden)
- Early paycheck direct deposits
- Savings account
- Up to 6% cash back for select brands
- Access to financial education courses
Varo Advance is available to you if you meet the following criteria:
- Your Varo bank account is operational.
- Your Varo bank account and savings account are not in the red.
- Your Varo bank account has been open for at least 30 days.
- You must have made at least $1,000 in direct deposits to your Varo bank account, savings account, or both in the last 31 calendar days.
How Do You Connect Chime® with Varo?
To link Chime® to your Varo account, do the following:
- Select “Link an Account +” from the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t see an icon for Chime®, search for it.
- When selecting your bank, choose the one with the web address where you usually log in online.
- Enter your user ID and password, then click “Submit.”
- Chime®’s prompts should be followed.
- Continue responding to Varo prompts until your external accounts and balances appear on the accounts page.
8. Empower – Payday Loans + Cash Back
Empower is another payday advance app that works with Chime®.
It allows eligible members (who must have a checking account) to receive an interest-free cash advance limit of up to $250.
For Empower to qualify, you must have a healthy current account balance, recurring deposits from your employer, and a balanced history. For monthly fees, it also has an $8 recurring charge.
They’ve got some great features including:
- Cash advances of up to $250
- No interest
- No late fees
- Cashback of up to 10%
You can link to Chime® by going to the Empower app’s home page, scrolling to the accounts section, and tapping on the + icon to add Chime® using your online banking information. This will give you access to your cash advances via your Chime® account.
How Do You Connect Chime® with Empower?
Go to your app’s home page, scroll down to the accounts section, and click the + icon in the upper right.
Empower uses Plaid to connect external accounts, so the connection is pretty much taken care of for you.
9. Klover – Payday Loans Before Your Next Paycheck
Klover is a simple-to-use payday advance app that works with Chime®.
Their quick and easy signup process is touted as being very easy to follow. You add your personal information and bank details and verify your paycheck; then, you’re good to go.
Here are some highlights of the cash advance app:
- Loan up to $200 without any fees or a credit check
- Quick signup process
- Their Daily Sweepstakes allow the chance to win additional money.
- A points system allows you to increase your cash advance limit over time.
- Additional budgeting tools available
If you’re looking at popular cash advance apps hoping for a simple, straightforward option, Klover fits the bill.
Does Klover Work with Chime®?
Yes, Klover does work with Chime®. And while many cash advance apps have a lengthy, complicated process for connecting the two accounts, Klover does not.
Simply add your Chime® information when prompted during signup, and that’s it!
Chime® SpotMe® – Protection from Overdraft Fees
You can use Chime®’s product, Chime® SpotMe®*, which allows you to have an overdraft of up to $200 (starting at $20) with no fees.
You must be eligible for direct deposits of $500 or more. The history and activity of your account determine the limit.
SpotMe® isn’t the answer if you’re wondering how to borrow $100 from Chime®. Your best bet is to use one of the apps for early payday mentioned above, then connect that app with Chime® for access to your cash advances.
But to avoid overdraft fees?
This Chime® advance is right up your alley for sure.
With this service, any Chime® debit card purchase that exceeds your balance can be funded up to your overdraft limit.
As a result, you can only make purchases with your Chime® debit card and not withdraw cash or transfer funds to another person.
If you’re looking for quick ways to supplement your income, you may want to explore top instant money apps for a cash boost.
How to Use Chime® SpotMe®*
You can see if you are eligible for Chime® SpotMe®* by going to the Settings Tab (make sure you have the most recent version of their app).
You’ll see a button prompting you to sign up, and that’s it.
This button will only appear if you’re eligible for the service (you must have an active Chime® debit card and a $200 or more direct deposit).
Also, Chime® SpotMe®* allows you to send SpotMe®* Boosts to other Chime® users in exchange for a $5 temporary increase in their Chime® SpotMe®* limit.
How Do Cash Advance Apps Work?
More cash advance apps are popping up often nowadays because they fulfill a common need among people living paycheck to paycheck. These mobile apps allow you to get cash advances (hence the name) from your phone without going through a bank or other financial institution.
With a cash advance app, you can download the app, enter your personal information, and then receive an immediate decision on whether or not you are approved for a cash advance.
If approved, the app will deposit the money into your account (bank or Chime®) within minutes. This makes it an excellent option for people who need access to cash quickly and don’t have time to go through the traditional loan process.
How Can Cash Advance Apps be Used?
Cash advance apps can be used for any purpose, such as paying bills, making debit card purchases, covering unexpected expenses, or taking care of other short-term financial needs. You must return the loan in the pay period.
Payday lenders usually require that borrowers write a check to the payday lender or provide account information for electronic payment.
Are you a Cash App user? You should check out the new borrow feature.
Our Takeaway on Cash Advances with Chime®
Cash advance apps are great options for instant cash advances when you’re in a pinch.
Most popular cash advance apps, such as the ones mentioned above, allow you to connect with the popular financial technology company called Chime®.
And those that don’t?
They can easily connect via an intermediary account.
These apps typically include other useful features such as budgeting tools, financial planning, credit score monitoring, an automatic savings account, and cash back.
For those working on their financial health, using one of these cash advance apps could be a great building block toward your personal money goals.
What Are the Repayment Options for Chime® Cash Advances from Earnin?
When it comes to paying back earnin after cash out, Chime® offers various repayment options for its cash advances. Users can either opt for automatic deductions from their Chime® account or manually make payments within the app. These flexible options allow borrowers to conveniently repay their cash advances without any hassle.
Chime® Instant Loan & Cash Advance (FAQs)
Does FloatMe work with Chime®?
No, FloatMe does not currently work with Chime®. We didn’t include it on this list for that reason; however, if FloatMe is your choice of a cash advance app, you can use a bridge account as an intermediate step to connect the cash advance app to Chime®.
This process is mentioned in the article above. It’s not terribly complicated, making it an excellent workaround to using popular cash advance apps with Chime®.
Can you get a Chime® instant loan?
Although Chime® doesn’t offer an instant loan, they offer their SpotMe® feature. This is not a Chime® paycheck advance but allows an overdraft of up to $200. Look at the awesome cash advance apps mentioned above for an instant loan.
Do other cash advance apps work with Chime®?
Yes, other cash advance apps offer instant cash or the ability to borrow money via an instant cash advance and connect to Chime®, but many don’t work. Chime® is not a bank, so its interface is a little more challenging to connect to, which is why many online payday loan apps don’t connect to it.
Disclosures: Chime® is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services and debit card provided by The Bancorp Bank N.A. or Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
*Chime® SpotMe® is an optional service that requires a single deposit of $200 or more in qualifying direct deposits to the Chime® Checking Account each month. All qualifying members will be allowed to overdraw their account up to $20 on debit card purchases and cash withdrawals initially, but may be later eligible for a higher limit of up to $200 or more based on member’s Chime® Account history, direct deposit frequency and amount, spending activity and other risk-based factors. Your limit will be displayed to you within the Chime® mobile app. You will receive notice of any changes to your limit. Your limit may change at any time, at Chime®’s discretion. Although there are no overdraft fees, there may be out-of-network or third party fees associated with ATM transactions. SpotMe® won’t cover non-debit card transactions, including ACH transfers, Pay Anyone transfers, or Chime® Checkbook transactions. See Terms and Conditions.