Looking for a legit Netspend referral code before you open your new account?
We’ve got you!
That Netspend $20 bonus referral link is here (deposit $40 to get a $20 bonus), along with everything you need to know about using your Netspend prepaid debit card at a glance and other benefits of the card.
|💰 Netspend Referral Code
|💲 Netspend Referral Link
|🤑 Referral Earns
|📅 Get Paid When
|After a $40 Initial Deposit
We’ll find out whether Netspend cards are worth it if existing customers can snag those sweet referral bonuses, how to refer a friend, and more.
Let’s dive in and see what goodies await 🙂
How to Use the Netspend Referral Code Link
Here’s how to sign up for a Netspend prepaid card and get a $20 bonus:
- Sign-up for Netspend with this $20 referral code link.
- Next, wait for your Netspend card to arrive in the mail (5-10 days).
- Load $40 on your Netspend account by visiting a store reload location, depositing a paper check, or setting up direct deposit with your employer.
- The $20 bonus will automatically deposit into your Netspend account.
Referrals Through the Account Dashboard (Send Referral Link)
To send your Netspend referral link to your friend, here are the steps to follow:
- Once you have logged into your Netspend account, click “refer a friend” in the upper right-hand corner.
- From there, you will see your unique referral code and a link to share with friends.
- Send that link for them to click to sign up, and you’re good to go!
If your friends sign up using this link, they will automatically be linked to your account, and you will earn credit for their referrals.
Referrals Through Referral Codes
You will be given a unique referral code when you sign up for a Netspend account.
You can give this code to your friends or post it on social media or any other online outlet.
If your friends sign up using this code, they will automatically be linked to your account, and you will earn credit for their referrals.
Follow steps 1 & 2 from the section above (sending a referral link), but instead of sending your unique referral link for your friend to click, send them your personal referral code to enter into their app when they sign up for a new account.
This will complete the referral process the same way.
It’s just a matter of preference (yours and/or theirs).
Plus, it’s just nice to have options!
You might also want to check out the referral code for Cash App.
Netspend Referral Program At a Glance
Aside from the cool $20 bonus that both you and your friends receive when they sign up using your referral code, there are a few other benefits to signing up for the Netspend referral program:
- You can earn unlimited $20 bonuses (for yourself and referrals)
- There is no limit to the number of people you can refer
- Your referrals get a free card too!
Where is My Netspend Referral Code/Link?
To find your personal referral code, log in to your Netspend account and click “refer a friend.”
From there, you will see your unique referral code and a link to share with friends.
Be sure to tell your friends to use the code when they sign up so you can both earn bonuses!
The Netspend $20 Bonus Referral Link Isn’t Working
If the referral link or referral code is not working for you, it most likely could be because you have already redeemed the $20 bonus previously.
In that case, you can try referring a friend through your account dashboard.
If you have trouble locating your referral code or link, look at this section for steps.
Other possible reasons the referral code may not be working include the following:
- The referred person has not activated their card within 45 days of receiving it
- The referred person has not loaded at least $40 onto their card within 90 days of receiving it
- The referred person is not a new customer
How Many Friends Can I Refer?
There is no limit on the number of friends you can refer, so start sharing those referral codes!
But be sure to tell your friends to use the code BEFORE they sign up so you can earn bonuses.
Notable Features of the Netspend Card
In addition to the $20 bonus for signing up, you’ll also get:
- A free personalized card with no activation fee
- No overdraft fees
- No minimum balance required
- The ability to send money directly to family and friends in over 100 countries worldwide at no cost
- Ability to withdraw cash from over 55,000 ATMs nationwide without paying a fee
Advantages of Using a Netspend Card vs. a Bank Account
Using a Netspend card is much better than using a debit card at a bank!
The advantages include the following:
- No activation fees
- No overdraft fees
- No minimum balance required
- Can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Money can be sent directly to family and friends in over 100 countries worldwide
- Ability to withdraw cash from over 55,000 ATMs without paying a fee
Netspend Prepaid Card Fees
Are there any fees associated with using a Netspend prepaid card?
There is a $1 monthly fee, but this can be waived if you load at least $40 onto your card each month.
There are also no fees for activation, loading money, withdrawing cash, or checking your balance.
Is Netspend Worth It?
Netspend is quite a safe bet and is FDIC-insured!
Short answer: yes.
Netspend is most definitely worth it.
The Netspend prepaid card is an excellent alternative to a checking account, especially for those who cannot get one due to bad credit or ChexSystems problems.
Plus, there are no overdraft fees, and you can use your card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
4 Great Netspend Account Alternatives
Netspend card not doing it for you, but are you interested in trying something similar?
There are a lot of comparable apps with great prepaid debit cards and other notable features, including cash withdrawal, savings accounts, direct deposits, refer-a-friend rewards, no fees, etc.
Here is the lowdown on a few of our absolute favorites.
1 – Cash App (Best Overall Netspend Alternative)
If you’re looking for a money management app with a prepaid card, direct deposit, and the ability to make cash withdrawals without any pesky monthly fee, Cash App is where you’ll want to look first.
Cash App isn’t just a card account, it’s an entire money management app with some pretty stellar features, including:
- Referral bonus at sign-up
- Prepaid card
- Direct deposit
- Cash withdrawal
- Unique deals with popular retailers called ‘boosts’
- Features for purchasing & selling Bitcoin
- Ability to purchase & trade stocks
- Send & receive money easily
- No monthly fees
- The incredibly fast sign-up process
2 – Chime Bank (Best Real Bank for Bad Checking Account History)
If you’re looking for a prepaid card account that’s more similar to an actual bank, then Chime is going to be right up your alley.
Chime features some extraordinary perks, including:
- No Chexsystems or credit check
- User-friendly app
- Great customer service
- No overdraft fees
- Direct deposit
- Access to SpotMe, which can provide small, quick cash loans until payday
- Referral bonuses for spreading the word to friends & family, etc.
- ATM withdrawal ability
3 – Current (Best Real Bank for Teens 16+)
If you were looking at prepaid cards because you’re looking for a way to teach money management to your teenager, Current is a fabulous option!
Current has a lot of exciting highlights, including these:
- An easy-to-use app designed for teens
- No fees for overdrafts up to $200
- Savings pods (like a savings account) with 4% APY
- Referral program so your teen can earn some referral bonus free money
- Prepaid cards avoid overspending
4 – Greenlight (Best Features for Kids of Any Age)
And if you’re looking for a Netspend alternative that provides a money management solution that involves your kids, but they’re not quite 16+, you’ll most definitely want to check out our Greenlight review.
It’s pretty cool!
It’s designed around teaching your kids how to handle money responsibly, and they have some tremendous parental controls built-in, so they feel in control, but you can also have oversight.
Plus, they offer a prepaid card similar to the Netspend card.
Some of their most noteworthy features include:
- Real-time monitoring of spending
- Parental control tools
- Personalization for each kid’s account (can have up to five per parent account)
- Investments for kids
- Rewards for chores
- Auto-pay allowance
Netspend Prepaid Card FAQs
How Do You Activate Your Card?
To activate your Netspend prepaid debit card, you must log in to your account and provide the requested information. Follow the prompts, and you’re good to go!
Can I Reload My Card at an ATM?
You can reload your card at any ATM that displays the Visa or Plus logo.
Do I Need a Bank Account to Get a Netspend Card?
No, you do not need a bank account to get a Netspend card. Many people use Netspend as an alternative to traditional banking.
Can I Direct Deposit My Paycheck onto My Netspend Card?
Yes, you can direct deposit your paycheck onto your Netspend prepaid debit card. Your employer must offer direct deposit and use our routing and account numbers.
How Does Netspend Deal With Card Replacements?
If you need to request a new Netspend card, you can log in to your account and click on the ‘Report a Card Lost or Stolen’ link. You will then be prompted to provide information about your card, after which you can request a replacement.
Can I Have More Than One Netspend Card?
Yes, you can have more than one Netspend prepaid debit card as long as each card is registered to a different email address. This is a great way to keep your finances organized and separate!
Can You Make ATM Withdrawals With the Netspend Prepaid Card?
Yes, you can make ATM withdrawals with the Netspend prepaid card if the ATM displays the Visa or Plus logo. There is typically no fee for withdrawing cash from an ATM, but please be aware that your bank may charge its own fees.
What Happens if I Have a Negative Balance on My Card?
If you have a negative balance on your Netspend prepaid debit card, the funds will be taken from any other linked accounts that you may have. You may also incur a fee for having a negative balance on your card.
Can I Use My Netspend Card to Shop Online?
Yes, you can use your Netspend prepaid debit card to shop online – it’s just like any other Visa debit card. Just be sure to provide the correct card information when making your purchase.