You want to start using Cash App, but you’re not sure if you’re old enough.
Most people think that you have to be 18 to use Cash App, but that’s not the case! You can sign-up for Cash App as long as you are over 13 years old.
As long as you’re over 13, you can apply for a Cash Card and get access to all of the great features that Cash App has to offer.
With the permission of a parent or guardian, users aged 13 to 17 in the United States can also gain access to expanded Cash App features.
Let’s dive deep into it!
How Old Do You Have To Be For Cash App?
Cash App is available for users aged 13 and older in the United States. Minors aged 13-17 must have parental permission to use Cash App and must be supervised by a parent or guardian when using the app.
Cash App is an easy, fast, and secure way to send and receive money. With Cash App, you can quickly pay friends and family or shop with your favorite merchants, and you can also deposit or withdraw cash at any participating ATM.
Why Use Cash App If I’m Under 18?
Cash App is a mobile app developed by Square, Inc. that allows users to send and receive money. The app can also be used to pay for goods and services with a linked debit card or bank account. Cash App is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Square, Inc. launched the Cash App in 2014. The Cash App allows users to send money to friends and family using their mobile phone number or email address.
The app also allows users to purchase goods and services online without entering their payment information every time.
Users can download the app onto their iOS or Android smartphones to access all of its features.
The Cash App is only available in the US and UK, and it can only be used to transfer money within one’s own country.
Is the Cash App Card Good?
Yes, Cash App offers a free cash card that has a lot of great features. A cash card is a prepaid debit card that can be loaded with funds and used to purchase in-store and online purchases. Cash cards are a convenient way to store your money and make payments without carrying any cash around.
Cash cards also offer fraud protection, purchase protection, and extended warranties on items purchased with the card. This makes them a safer option than carrying around cash, as you aren’t as vulnerable to theft or loss.
Cash cards can be used anywhere that accepts Visa debit cards. So you can use them at millions of merchants both in the US and internationally. Cash Card can be with Apple or Google Pay, and you can also withdraw cash from ATMs using your card.
Best of Cash Cards include:
- Boosts with Cash Card – Boosts are product and service discounts.
- There are no additional fees associated with the Cash Card.
- Customization – You can personalize your Cash Card by choosing your designs, colors, and materials.
How Old Do You Have To Be For Cash App Cash Card?
Anyone over the age of 13 can apply for a Cash Card. Customers aged 13 to 17 in the United States can gain access to expanded Cash App features with the permission of a parent or guardian.
The card can be loaded with funds and used to make purchases in-store and online. It’s a great way to access your money without having to carry around cash or a debit card. Plus, you can easily track your spending and transactions right from the Cash App app.
How to set up a Cash App account?
Cash App allows users to create a free account. Here’s how:
- The Cash App is available for download cash app from the Apple App Store and Google Play. It can be downloaded directly to your mobile device.
- Open the Cash App by tapping on it.
- Enter your phone number or email address to create an account.
- Cash App will text or email you a secret code; enter it.
- You can earn money by inviting friends to join Cash App (optional)
- Enter your debit card information to link your bank account to Cash App.
- Choose a $Cashtag, a unique username you’ll use to send and receive money.
- Type in your zip code
- Begin using the Cash App!
(For Teenagers) Obtaining an Authorized Account
Anyone 13 and up who has signed up for Cash App can initiate the account authorization request flow by either:
- Obtaining a Cash Card or
- Sending a peer-to-peer payment from their saved balance
To obtain a Cash Card, please follow these steps:
- From the Cash App home screen, select the Cash Card option.
- Choose your card style and personalize it.
- Enter your name and birth date.
- Enter your parent or guardian’s information and press the Send button.
To send a P2P payment from a saved balance, follow these steps:
- Launch the Cash App.
- Confirm the availability of funds in your stored balance or add funds to your stored balance using a linked debit card.
- Enter the sum
- Pay with a tap
- Enter your email address, phone number, or $Cashtag here.
- Enter the purpose of the payment.
- Pay with a tap.
Either of these actions will prompt the user to provide additional information about their identity. When we detect a user’s age between 13 and 17, we’ll ask for a parent or legal guardian’s name, phone number, email address, or Cashtag for approval. Cash App will then contact the provided contact for approval.
(For Parent / Guardian) Accepting a Request for Account Authorization
After a teen sends a request, their parent or guardian must confirm it from their Cash App account. Parents and guardians are the legal owners of their teen’s account, and they must have a verified Cash App account and a Cash Card. The teen’s Cash Card will be delivered within two weeks after parents approve the request.
To grant a request:
- On the Cash App home screen, tap the Activity icon.
- View the Request for Approval.
- Examine the terms and conditions and then click Approve.
Anyone 13 and up will have access to the following features once approved by a parent or guardian:
- Send, receive, and request payments in USD ($1,000 per 30 days).
- Cash-out from balance ($25,000 per 7-day period)
- Add $1,000 to your cash balance every 30 days.
- Spending with a Cash Card
- ATM Withdrawals Direct deposit Boost instant rewards
Be warned that the adult is the legal owner of the account — the teen is technically only an authorized user. The parent or guardian can track activity in monthly statements, visa debit card linked, and close/pause accounts at any time by contacting support on the cash app’s website.
How to Send and Receive Money With Cash App?
Sending and receiving money with Cash App is simple. To send money, follow the simple steps below:
- Cash App allows you to send and receive money quickly.
- To access the Cash App’s main screen, tap the $ symbol.
- Enter the amount of money you’d like to send or receive.
- To look for a $Cashtag, phone number, or email address, tap Request or Pay.
- Make a note (if you want)
- To finish the transaction, tap Request or Pay.
Disputes for Authorized Users
If authorized users need to dispute a payment or transaction, they can contact support and open a dispute claim.
What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of using Cash App?
1) Make and receive mobile payments with ease.
Cash App is one of the quickest ways to send money from one person to another. All you have to do is launch the app, enter the recipient’s name and the amount, and you’re done. You will be asked to confirm your transfer by the app, and the money is sent after you confirm. In some cases, the transfer can take only a few seconds.
2) You can purchase and sell Bitcoin.
You can also buy and sell Bitcoin using Cash App. A Bitcoin transaction currently costs 1.76 percent, which compares favorably to Coinbase and other cryptocurrency trading platforms.
3) There is no fee to send and receive money.
Cash App provides fee-free bank accounts. If you do not want to pay the Cash App fee, you can complete the transaction in one to three days. This can be useful if you are short on cash or do not pay the 1.5 percent transfer fee.
4) It Makes reimbursements easier.
Cash App also makes it simple to share reimbursements with your friends. Assume you and three other friends decide to split a restaurant bill. You or one of your friends can pay the restaurant bill and then reimburse the other. Cash App makes it simple to see who has reimbursed you and when they have done so.
5) Invest in stocks without paying any commissions.
You can also buy and sell stocks with Cash App without paying a commission, and this saves you time from having to open a second app to perform stock transactions.
1) For the first 30 days, set a low early limit.
One of the most significant drawbacks of Cash App is that you can only send and receive up to $1,000 in the first 30 days of using the app. After that, you can request that your limit be increased. However, if you need to make large purchases right away, you may use another app.
2) Does not include Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) coverage.
Cash App does not provide FDIC insurance, and you are insured up to $250,000 with FDIC coverage. As a result, you should be cautious about how much money you keep on the app.
3) It cannot be used on a global scale.
Cash App is not available in countries other than the United States and the United Kingdom. As a result, if you like to travel internationally, you may need to use another mobile payment app, such as Venmo or Zelle, to complete transactions.
Safety and security precautions for using Cash App
Like many banking and payment services, Cash App is relatively safe as long as you are cautious, keep an eye out for potential fraud and scams, and adhere to basic security best practices.
Here are some precautions to take when using Cash App.
Enable the app’s security features. On the Cash App’s home screen, tap your profile icon, then select “Privacy & Security,” toggle on the “Security Lock” button, and enter a PIN or enable Touch ID, depending on your device.
Don’t keep large sums of money in your safe. Again, your balance in the app is not federally insured, so don’t use it as a substitute for a bank account.
Send money only to people you know and trust. Don’t send money to accounts you don’t know personally and double-check your recipients’ account information.
Be on the lookout for potential transaction scams. Cash App warns its users about several common types of transaction scams in which scammers promise money, goods, or services in exchange for Cash App payments.
Be wary of customer service scams. Cash App technical support or customer service will never contact you. “Because Cash App does not provide a direct line to customer care, scammers impersonate them to gain access to mobile devices and steal personal information,” said Profit Guru marketing director Chris Taylor. If you need to get in touch with Cash App support, you can do so via the app, the website, or by phone.
Final Thoughts – Cash App Age Requirements
You must be at least 13 years or older to use Cash App. You can access all the features of the Cash App if you’re 13-17 with approval from a parent or guardian. There are two types of cash app accounts: A verified Cash App Account will have more features than an unverified cash app account.
Having cash in your pocket is a great way to grease the wheels of commerce, and there’s never been an easier and more convenient time than now to do so. For those who prefer or need to use their smartphone for this function, Cash App is one option you should consider.
We hope you enjoy this article, and we do expect you to comment below with any questions or concerns that you might have. We would love to hear from you in the comment section below, and if there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to comment below.