|⚠️ Cancel Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||4 Methods|
|🚫 After Cancellation||End of the Billing Cycle|
|💰 Get Refund||Not Likely|
|💳 Prevent Billing||Yes, with a Free Virtual Card|
Are you searching for a way to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription or free trial?
Relax! We’ve got all the information you need.
After extensive research, we’ve found the best way to cancel Spotify Premium.
So without further ado, let’s show you exactly how to cancel your subscription.
How Do I Cancel My Spotify Subscription Or Free Trial?
To cancel a Spotify subscription or free trial, you can use Truebill, the official Spotify website, on iPhone, or Android to request a cancellation.
Once you’ve supplied the required information and the cancellation request has been processed, the account expires, and you will no longer be billed for your membership.
Still, we’ve found that using Truebill is the fastest and easiest method to cancel your Wondrium account altogether.
⭐ Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your Spotify Premium subscription from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your Spotify Premium subscription for you.
Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription or Free Trial Online
Premium plans can be canceled through Spotify directly on the Spotify website with the following steps:
- Visit the official Spotify website.
- Log into your Spotify account page and click on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner.
- Select ‘Account.’
- Scroll down to your subscription plan section and click on ‘Change Plan’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Cancel Premium.’
- Click ‘Continue to Cancel.’
- You’ll be asked if you’re sure you want to cancel the premium plan.
- Click ‘Yes,’ and your Spotify subscription will be canceled.
- Contact Live Customer Support if you have any issues.
Canceling Spotify Premium Subscription or Free Trial on iPhone
If you signed up for your Spotify Premium subscription using your iPhone mobile device, Spotify accounts can’t be canceled on the Spotify official website.
Here’s how you cancel your Spotify Premium subscription on your iOS device:
- Open the Apple App Store on your iPhone or other iOS devices.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Tap on your name and Apple ID icon at the top of the ‘Settings’ home page.
- Tap ‘View Apple ID’ and once your Apple ID page opens, click on ‘Subscriptions.’
- Open Spotify from the list of subscriptions.
- Clicking on ‘Cancel Premium Subscription’ will cancel your Spotify subscription.
Note: Removing the Spotify app from your iOS device does not delete your Spotify account, or cancel your subscription.
Canceling Spotify Premium Subscription or Free Trial on Android
For users who signed up for their Spotify Premium subscriptions using an Android mobile device, you can’t cancel your Spotify subscription on the Spotify official website.
Here’s how you cancel your Spotify Premium subscription on your Android device:
- Navigate to the Spotify website with your mobile browser.
- Log in to your Spotify account settings using your username and password.
- Scroll down to ‘Your Plan’ and then select ‘Change Plan.’
- Find your ‘Spotify Free’ section and then tap ‘Cancel Premium.’
- On the next page, click ‘Continue To Cancel.’.
- Follow any further instructions given to confirm cancelation and contact live customer support if you have any issues.
Note: Removing the Spotify app from your Android device does not delete your Spotify account, or cancel your subscription.
How to Prevent Future Charges from Spotify Premium
We’ve all been there – you cancel a subscription, and later on, you find out they’ve been charging your account the whole time.
Unfortunately, this is all too common when it comes to subscription services.
The best way to prevent future billing is to change your payment method to a free Privacy virtual card that you control, like an on and off switch.
Here’s how to get started in 3 minutes or less with Privacy:
- Get a FREE account with Privacy & connect your bank account.
- Create a new virtual card for each subscription and set a monthly limit.
- You now have complete control over your subscriptions and peace of mind.
We recommend you use Privacy for all online transactions for safety and security by not exposing your actual card information online.
When you decide to cancel a service you’ve signed up for with Privacy, you can turn off that virtual card at any time and prevent future billing.
You can also set charge limits to avoid surprise charges or increased rates without your knowledge.
Is It Hard To Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription?
Without using the Truebill app, a Spotify Premium subscription can be hard to cancel, however, the Truebill app is the easiest way to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription.
Truebill finds your unwanted subscriptions easily and cancels them automatically.
What Happens When I Cancel My Spotify Premium Subscription?
Canceling your Spotify Premium subscription won’t delete your Spotify account because you are only canceling your Premium subscription.
Therefore, you will still have access to all your saved music and playlists.
However, you can stream free music on Spotify with ads and access the Spotify Premium benefits until the next billing date.
Can You Cancel Your Spotify Premium Subscription Anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your Spotify Premium subscription whenever you want using the options above.
You will revert to a free plan and lose access to Premium features, but you can reinstate your Premium membership at any time.
How To Get A Refund After Cancelling Your Spotify Premium Subscription
After you cancel your Spotify Premium subscription using one of the methods stated above, you can call or send an email to Spotify Premium asking for a refund for unused months.
If you previously tried to cancel your Spotify premium subscription and had trouble canceling. In that case, you can use the template below to request a refund through email or a phone call.
“I had trouble canceling my membership and thought my subscription was already canceled. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.”
You can find the contact information for Spotify below.
Although some companies will not offer a refund, some do so on a case-by-case basis
The key is to keep the email or phone call short and sweet and be honest.
How To Lower The Cost Of Your Spotify Premium Subscription Without Cancelling
Are you trying to lower your subscription costs to avoid having to cancel your Spotify Premium membership?
While no method is a guarantee, there are a couple of things you can try to lower your subscription cost.
Is it worth the effort?
Well, sure, why not?
If it means you don’t have to cancel Spotify services, it’s definitely worth it.
Use A Bill Negotiation Service
There are certain bill negotiation services that will actually cancel services for you or negotiate a lower subscription fee to avoid having to cancel the membership altogether.
Our favorite bill negotiation service is Truebill.
It automatically searches for all your subscriptions, so you can review which bills need to be reduced or canceled.
It’s super convenient, and the process is very user-friendly.
What Subscription Options Does Spotify Premium Have?
Spotify Premium has four subscription plans:
- Individual Subscription Plan: This subscription option is more expensive than the ‘Student Subscription’ option but cheaper than the rest. It is most suitable for singles, and you can play anywhere for $9.99 per month.
- Duo Subscription Plan: This Premium subscription option is most suitable for couples as it includes two Premium accounts. It is slightly more expensive than the individual subscription option but cheaper when compared to the ‘Family Subscription’ option at $12.99 per month.
- Family Subscription Plan: This subscription option is suitable for the whole family. It includes up to six Premium accounts with the option to block explicit music. Subscriptions are $15.99 per month.
- Students’ Premium Subscription Plan: This plan is the cheapest because it offers a special discount to all eligible university students. You can play music anywhere for $4.99 per month.
In addition, there is a 30-day Spotify free trial of the Premium membership that is available to new customers.
Ensure that you cancel your Spotify account before the end of the free trial to prevent the account from changing to a paid Spotify subscription.
Spotify Subscription Charges on Your Bank Account
Your Spotify Premium subscription charge entries will show up like this on your bank account statement:
SPOTIFY*USA-SUBS’877-778-1161 NY, SPOTIFY HSBC CASHBACK, REBATE, MO, USA, SPOTIFY*USA-SUBS 877-778-1161 NY 10011 USA, ADY*SPOTIFY P00 HTTPS://WWW.S NY USA.
Spotify Company Information
Spotify Is one of the world’s top music streaming platforms.
It is home to over 150 million listeners worldwide and uses both the paid subscription model and an ad-based free streaming model to monetize services to its users.
📣Social Media Accounts
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
45 W. 18th Street, 7th Floor,
New York, NY 10011,
📧 Email Addresses
📞 Phone Number
💬 Live Chat
💁 Help & Support Page
Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription FAQs
Can You Pause A Spotify Premium Subscription?
There is no option to pause your Spotify Premium subscription; however, you can cancel your account and reinstate it at a later date.
Once you cancel your Premium plan, you will revert to a free plan.
Does Spotify Offer Refunds?
You can get a full refund if you purchased but have not used your Premium account subscription within 14 days of your purchase date.
The only other instance where you can receive a refund is if you have already paid for Spotify’s services and the company has discontinued them.
Does Spotify Premium Have A Cancellation Fee?
No, there is no cancellation or termination fee.
You can cancel and reinstate your Spotify Premium account at any time, and if you want to terminate your Premium plan you will revert to a free plan.