|⚠️ Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||Truebill, Mobile Web or Android, PayPal, Website, Email|
|🚫 After Cancellation||End of the Billing Cycle|
|💰 Get Refund||Not Likely|
Are you looking for a way to cancel your Sittercity membership?
Great! You’re in the right place.
We have researched extensively and found the best way to cancel your Sittercity membership.
Let’s dive right in, and we’ll show you exactly how to cancel your Sittercity membership.
How Do I Cancel My Sittercity Membership?
To cancel a Sittercity membership, you can use mobile web or Android, PayPal, website, or email to request a cancellation.
Still, we’ve found that using Truebill is the fastest and easiest method to cancel your Sittercity account altogether.
⭐ Cancel Sittercity Membership Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your [NAME] [SUB] from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your Sittercity membership for you.
Cancel Sittercity Membership on iPhone or iPad
You can cancel your Sittercity subscription on your iPhone or iPad, however, be aware that just removing the Sittercity app from your iPhone does not cancel your membership.
Canceling your membership requires the following steps:
- Navigate to your iPhone settings tab.
- Tap on your name, then tap the “Subscription” option. Note: If the subscriptions option is not showing, you’ll need to tap on ‘iTunes & Appstore’ first.
- Tap on your Apple ID. Your Apple ID is at the top of the page if you’re logged in. Otherwise, go to iPhone ‘Settings’ tab and tap on your name.
- Tap ‘View Apple ID’ then log in. Once again, if you are unable to tap ‘View Apple ID’, check that you are signed in to your account.
- Under the ‘View Apple ID’ selection, scroll down and tap ‘Subscriptions’ button.
- From the list of subscriptions given, select your Sittercity account and go to ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Tap ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- You should reach a confirmation page advising that the subscription that you want to cancel has been terminated.
- Double-check that the automatic renewal has been canceled by checking your account when your next billing cycle is due.
- Contact the Customer Support team if you have any issues.
Cancel Sittercity Membership on Android Device
You can also cancel your Sittercity membership’s automatic renewal from your Android device.
Once again, be aware that removing the Sittercity app from your Android device does not cancel your membership, nor stop your subscription.
You need to follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device. Note: If you have multiple Google accounts, make sure you’re accessing the one you use to manage your Sittercity account.
- Click on the menu, and tap ‘Subscriptions.’
- Select your Sittercity account and go the the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option.
- Tap ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- You should receive confirmation that your account has been terminated.
- Double-check your payment provider to make sure there are no further charges for your Sittercity membership account.
We recommend that you remove the app from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device once you’re sure your account settings indicate that your account has been terminated.
Cancel Sittercity Membership with PayPal
If you signed up originally for your membership using PayPal, here’s how you can cancel:
- Sign in to your PayPal account and click on the ‘Settings’ tab. This is how you can manage your subscriptions on PayPal.
- From the menu that appears, tap on ‘Payments’, then click on ‘Manage Automatic Payments’ within the Automatic Payments dashboard.
- Select your Sittercity account and click ‘Cancel.’
- On the next confirmation page you’ll get a ‘Cancel Automatic Payments’ option to click on.
- Tap on ‘Done’ to complete the transaction on the verification page.
Cancel Sittercity Membership on the Website
You can terminate your membership on the Sittercity website by following these steps:
- Log in to your Sittercity site account.
- Navigate to ‘Account Settings’
- Click on ‘Manage Your Subscription’ and follow the instructions to cancel your subscription.
- You will receive confirmation of your account cancellation.
- Contact the customer support team if you face any issues.
Cancel Sittercity Membership by Email
You can cancel your membership and subscription by taking the following steps:
- Make sure you have your account details and personal contact information handy.
- Compose an email requesting that your membership be terminated.
- Send your email to [email protected]
- Ask for confirmation that your account is deleted.
- Double-check that your payment provider has stopped taking subscription charges out of your account.
What Membership Options Does Sittercity Have?
Sittercity provides four levels of membership as follows:
Basic: Basic membership is free, although offers limited access. You can always upgrade your membership to one of the premium memberships at any time.
One-month Premium: $35.00 per month that is automatically billed each month.
Three-month Premium: $70.00, which gives a discount off the one-month premium membership. This level is paid upfront and not on a monthly basis.
One-year Premium: $140.00 per year with a discount off the one-month premium membership. This level is also paid upfront and not on a monthly basis.
All Premium memberships offer some very attractive benefits over the Basic level, including:
- The ability to respond to job applicants
- Message sitters
- Running background checks.
Is It Hard to Cancel Sittercity Membership?
Yes, it’s hard to cancel your Sittercity account, however, we’ve found the easiest way to cancel your Sittercity subscription is to use the Truebill app.
The Truebill app can automatically find all your unwanted subscriptions and cancel them automatically.
What Happens If I Cancel My Sittercity Membership?
Customers continue to enjoy the benefits of membership until the end of the current billing cycle.
Can You Cancel Sittercity Membership at Any Time?
Yes, you can cancel your membership at any time.
Once you cancel your membership, your subscription will not be renewed and your access to the Sittercity services will be terminated.
How to Get a Refund After Cancelling Sittercity Membership
After you cancel your Sittercity membership with one of the methods above, you can send out an email asking for a refund of unused months.
If you previously tried to cancel your membership and had trouble canceling, you can use the email template below to request a refund.
“I had trouble canceling my membership and thought my subscription was already canceled. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.”
You can find the Sittercity contact information below.
The trick is to keep the email short and sweet and be honest.
Lower Your Sittercity Membership Cost Without Cancelling
Are you trying to lower your bill to avoid having to cancel your Sittercity subscription?
While no method is a guarantee, there are a couple of things you can try to lower your subscription cost.
Is it worth the effort?
Well, sure, why not?
If it means you don’t have to cancel Sittercity services, it’s definitely worth it.
Use a Bill Negotiation Service
There are certain bill negotiation services that will actually cancel services for you or negotiate a lower membership fee to avoid having to cancel the membership altogether.
Our favorite bill negotiation service is Truebill.
It automatically searches for all your subscriptions, so you can review which bills need to be reduced or canceled.
It’s super convenient, and the process is very user-friendly.
Sittercity Company Information
Sittercity is an online platform that helps connect parents with babysitters and nannies.
They offer a variety of services to help make finding and hiring a babysitter or nanny as easy as possible.
Sittercity provides services to help parents find and hire the perfect babysitter or nanny.
They have an extensive database of sitters, making it easy to find someone in your area.
They also offer background checks and reference checks, so you can be sure you’re hiring a responsible and trustworthy sitter and – more importantly – peace of mind.
📣 Social Media Accounts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sittercity
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sittercity
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sittercity/
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
20 West Kinzie Street Suite 1500,
Chicago, IL 60654,
📧 Email Address
📞 Phone Number
💬 Live Chat
💁 Help & Support Page
- Terms of Service: https://www.sittercity.com/terms
- Return Policy: N/A
- Cancellation Policy: https://www.sittercity.com/terms
Sittercity Subscription Charge on Your Bank Account
The Sittercity membership subscription can show on your bank account as follows:
SITTERCITY, SITTERCITY*SITTERCITCHICAGO IL, SITTERCITY, 8887482489, SITTERCITY 888-748-2489 IL, DEBIT CARD PURCHASE – SITTERCITY xxx-xxx-2489 IL, SITTERCITY 8887482489 IL, SITTERCITY.COM, SITTERCITY.COM SITT, SITTERCITY IL, SITTERCITY.COM SITTIL 3434, SITTERCITY XXX-XXX-2489 IL.
Cancel Sittercity Membership FAQs
Can You Pause Sittercity Membership?
No, you can’t pause your membership.
The only option is to cancel your account, but you can re-instate it at any time.
Once you stop paying your Sittercity subscription, your membership will downgrade to the Basic (free) level.
You can always go to your Sittercity account and go to the account settings; select ‘Downgrade’ from your account page if you no longer want Premium membership benefits.
Does Sittercity Offer Refunds?
No, there are no refunds or partial refunds provided.
However, an option to select ‘Downgrade’ from your account settings means you will then have a Basic (free) account and will no longer be charged.