|⚠️ Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||Truebill, Certified Mail, In Person|
|❓ After Cancellation||Expires at the End of the Billing Cycle|
|💰 Get Refund||Not Likely|
Are you looking for a way to cancel your New York Sports Club membership?
We’ve got all the answers for you right here.
After extensive research, we’ve found the best way to cancel your NYSC membership.
Let’s dive right in, and we’ll show you exactly how to cancel your New York Sports Club membership.
How Do I Cancel My NYSC Membership?
To cancel a NYSC membership, you can either apply in person or by certified mail to request a cancellation. You can’t place a cancellation request on their website, nor can you email their member services department.
Still, we’ve found that using the Truebill app is the fastest and easiest method to cancel your NYSC account altogether.
Cancel NYSC Membership Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your New York Sports Clubs membership from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your New York Sports Club membership for you.
Cancel NYSC Membership in Person
Here’s how you can cancel your NYSC membership agreement in person at your local NYSC club location:
- Before you put in your cancellation request, visit any of the New York Sports Clubs locations. The front desk staff will be able to advise what documentation you require to put in your cancellation request.
- The documentation required may vary from club location to club location, however, the very least you will require is your:
- Membership type
- Membership number
- Personal details
Note: A copy of your NYSC membership agreement will help with some of these details.
- You can cancel your NYSC membership at any of the New York Sports Club locations. Ideally, members experience more satisfaction dealing with their local New York Sports Club facility where they attend classes.
- Dealing with your local New York Sports Club gym means that you can get immediate confirmation that your New York Sports Club membership has been canceled.
- Check your next New York Sports Club membership account statement to ensure the regular monthly dues have been canceled.
Cancel NYSC Membership by Certified Mail
According to New York Sports Clubs policy, you can also send your NYSC gym membership cancellation request by certified mail. There’s usually a 30-day notice period required. You have two options:
- Sending a cancellation request by mail to the club where you signed up for your membership.
- Sending your cancellation request to the New York Sports Club member services department.
Here are the steps to take when sending your New York Sports Club membership cancellation by letter:
- Make it clear in your letter by saying “I wish to cancel my membership.”
- Include the details found in your membership agreement and your personal details. For example, New York Sports clubs membership number, member ID, and your contact information.
- Also, include a request that the New York Sports Club membership cancellation is confirmed once the cancelation process is completed by email or letter.
- To ensure that your certified letter goes to the right place, find your local New York Sports Club facility on their Find a Gym page or find the address of the New York Sports Club Member Services Department.
- Ensure your letter is sent to either your local New York Sports Club gym or the New York Sports Club member services department by certified mail.
What Membership Options Does New York Sports Club Have?
NYSC membership has three main levels of membership option, with a fourth available at only selected clubs. Here are the details:
- NYSC Neighbourhood Membership: Joining Fee $3.00, Monthly Membership Fee $34.99, Annual Fee $69.99. This membership allows access to one facility.
- NYSC Regional Passport Membership: Joining Fee $3.00, Monthly Membership Fee $69.99, Annual Fee $69.99. This membership allows access to all regional facilities.
- NYSC Passport Membership: Joining Fee $3.00, Monthly Membership $99.99, Annual Fee $69.99. This membership allows access to any facility. .
Is It Hard to Cancel NYSC Membership?
The NYSC membership can be difficult to cancel.
However, the easiest way to cancel your NYSC membership is to use the Truebill app, which automatically finds all your unwanted subscriptions and cancels them automatically.
What Happens If I Cancel My NYSC Membership?
You will be able to retain the benefits of your NYSC membership until the end of your billing cycle.
Can You Cancel NYSC Membership at Any Time?
This will depend on your NYSC membership.
If you have a NYSC membership with an obligation term, there are only three ways you can get out of the commitment:
- If you are moving: You will need to fill in the relocation documents that are approved by NYSC.
- Early termination: You will need to notify NYSC within the timeframe given in your membership agreement. NYSC do charge an early termination fee.
- Medical cancellation: This also will require medical documentation approved by NYSC. There may be fees incurred, but this will depend on your state regulations.
How to Get a Refund After Cancelling NYSC Membership
After you cancel your NYSC membership with one of the methods above, you can send out an email asking for a refund of unused months.
If you previously tried to cancel your membership and had trouble canceling, you can use the email template below to request a refund.
- I had trouble canceling my membership and thought my subscription was already canceled. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.
The trick is to keep it short and sweet and be honest.
Lower Your NYSC Membership Cost Without Cancelling
Are you trying to lower your bill to avoid having to cancel your [NYSC membership?
While no method is a guarantee, there are a couple of things you can try to lower your membership cost.
Is it worth the effort?
Well, sure, why not?
If it means you don’t have to cancel NYSC services, it’s definitely worth it.
Use a Bill Negotiation Service
There are certain bill negotiation services that will actually cancel services for you or negotiate a lower membership fee to avoid having to cancel the membership altogether.
Our favorite option like this?
It’s super convenient, and the process is very user-friendly.
New York Sports Clubs Company Information
New York Sports Club is a popular chain of fitness gyms that started in 1974 with fitness gyms based in New York City and surrounding districts.
New York Sports Club now has over 150 facilities in the United States and Switzerland.
New York Sports Clubs offer programs for both families and kids, and also offer three categories of classes:
- Boutique Fitness
- The Essentials
- Small-Group Training
📣 Social Media Accounts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkSportsClubs/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nysc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nysc/
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
600 Bayonne Crossing Way
Bayonne, NJ 07002, USA
📧 Email Addresses
📞 Phone Number
💬 Live Chat
💁 Help & Support Page
- Terms of Service: https://www.nysc.ch/en/terms-and-conditions
- Return Policy: N/A
- Cancellation Policy: https://www.nysc.ch/agb
Cancel NYSC Membership FAQs
Can You Pause NYSC Membership?
After your membership reaches 90 days, you can pause your membership for at least one month, with a maximum of 12 months. Unfortunately, this can’t be applied retroactively.
You can request a temporary suspension of your NYSC membership at any branch, however, there will be a monthly fee charged depending on your contract.
Does NYSC Offer Refunds?
NYSC does not offer refunds if you cancel your subscription and membership before the end of your contracted term.
However, you do have ten days from enrollment on all plans to activate the NYSC money-back guarantee.
Does NYSC Have a Cancellation Fee?
Yes. In order to cover administrative costs that arise during both the enrollment and the cancellation period, NYSC charges a $50 fee.
How to Delete Your NYSC Account Data after Cancelling Your Subscription?
Once your NYSC membership has been closed, all subscription fees have been paid and your account is in order, NYSC will remove your NYSC account date from their database.