|⚠️ Cancel Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||5 Methods|
|🚫 Expires When||End of the Billing Cycle|
|💰 Get Refund||Low Chance|
|💳 Prevent Charges||Yes, with a Free Virtual Card|
Are you looking for a way to cancel your Netflix subscription with a refund?
Great! You’re in the right place because we have all the answers right here.
We have researched extensively and found the best way to cancel Netflix.
Let’s dive right in, and we’ll show you exactly how to cancel your Netflix subscription.
How Do I Cancel My Netflix Subscription?
To cancel a Netflix subscription, you can use Netflix App, Website, App Store, or Google Play Store to request a cancellation.
We recommend that you cancel using the same method you used to subscribe initially to Netflix streaming platforms.
Once you’ve supplied the required information and the cancellation request has been processed, the account expires at the end of the billing cycle, and you will no longer be billed for your subscription.
We’ve found that using Truebill is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable method to cancel subscription charges from Netflix.
⭐ Cancel Netflix Subscription Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your Netflix subscription from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your Netflix subscription current plan for you.
Canceling Your Netflix Subscription Online Through The Netflix Website
You can cancel your subscription to Netflix by using the Netflix website.
Follow this step-by-step guide below:
- Visit the Netflix website and sign in to your account.
- Hover your mouse over your profile icon at the top right corner of the screen and select ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Membership & Billing.’
- Tap ‘Cancel Membership’ to finish cancellation.
- Contact the Support Team if you have any issues.
Canceling Netflix Subscription on Netflix App
If the Netflix app is what you used to subscribe to the Netflix service, you can also cancel your subscription by using the Netflix app on your mobile phone.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile phone.
- Sign in to your Netflix account and navigate to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Tap on the ‘More’ option at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click ‘Account Menu’ or ‘Account Settings’ from the list of options.
- Scroll down to the ‘Membership & Billing’ section on the account page and tap ‘Cancel Membership’ under it.
- Click ‘Finish Cancellation’ which means your Netflix account closes.
Your Netflix subscription will be canceled immediately and access to your account will expire at the end of the current billing period.
Note: Removing the Netflix app from your device does not cancel your subscription.
Cancel Netflix Subscription on Netflix App (iOS Device)
If you signed up for your Netflix account using the Netflix app on your iPhone or another iOS device, you could use iTunes to cancel your Netflix account using the following steps:
- Open the ‘iTunes & App Store’ on your Android device.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone.
- Log in with your Apple ID.
- Select ‘Subscriptions’ after you log in with your Apple ID.
- Choose Netflix, and then click “Cancel Membership’ button or ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Click ‘Confirm’ and this completes the process to cancel membership.
Canceling Netflix Subscription on Netflix App (Android)
If you subscribed to the Netflix streaming service using your Google account page, you could use Google Play Store to cancel your Netflix account.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Log in to your account and find your account settings.
- Click the menu, then tap ‘Subscriptions.’
- Choose Netflix.
- Click ‘Cancel subscription.’
- Confirm the account cancellation process has been completed.
- Check with your billing company to ensure that your subscription has been canceled.
Note: If you have multiple accounts with Google, sign in with the one you subscribed with for Netflix, and remember that removing the Netflix app from your mobile phone does not cancel your subscription.
How to Prevent Future Charges from Netflix?
We’ve all been there – you cancel a subscription, and later on, you find out they’ve been charging your account the whole time.
Unfortunately, this is all too common when it comes to subscription services.
The best way to prevent future billing is to change your payment method to a free Privacy virtual card that you control, like an on and off switch.
Here’s how to get started in 3 minutes or less with Privacy:
- Get a FREE account with Privacy and connect your bank account.
- Create a new virtual card for each subscription and set a monthly limit.
- You now have complete control over your subscriptions and peace of mind.
We recommend you use Privacy for all online transactions for safety and security by not exposing your actual card information online.
When you decide to cancel a service you’ve signed up for with Privacy, you can turn off that virtual card at any time and prevent future billing.
You can also set charge limits to avoid surprise charges or increased rates without your knowledge.
Is It Hard to Cancel a Netflix Subscription?
Yes, the cancelation process is quite hard to cancel.
However, we have found the best app to cancel your Netflix subscription for you, which is Truebill.
Truebill is a free app that will help you find and cancel all your unwanted subscriptions with ease.
What Happens If I Cancel Netflix Subscription?
When you cancel your Netflix subscription, you will lose access to all the features and content you have enjoyed after your current billing cycle ends.
You will also no longer be able to use any of the features that come with a Netflix subscription, such as the ability to watch movies and TV shows offline.
You won’t be billed for any future months, but your account will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle.
Can You Cancel Netflix Subscription Anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your Netflix subscription at any time.
You will need to cancel your Netflix account before your next billing date to avoid being charged.
How to Get a Refund After Cancelling Netflix Subscription?
After you cancel your Netflix account subscription with one of the methods above, you can email or call asking for a refund of unused months.
Suppose you previously tried to cancel your subscription and had trouble canceling.
In that case, you can use the template below to request a refund by email or phone.
“I had trouble canceling my membership and thought I had already canceled my subscription. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.”
You can find the Netflix contact information below.
The key is to keep the email or call short and sweet and be honest.
Some companies will not offer a refund, but some do on a case-by-case basis.
Lower Your Netflix Subscription Cost Without Cancelling
Are you trying to lower your bill to avoid canceling your Netflix subscription?
While no method is a guarantee, there are a couple of things you can try to reduce your subscription cost.
Is it worth the effort?
Well, sure, why not?
If it means you don’t have to cancel subscription services, it’s definitely worth it.
Use a Bill Negotiation Service
Certain bill negotiation services will actually cancel services for you or negotiate a lower subscription fee to avoid canceling the Netflix subscription altogether.
Our favorite bill negotiation service is Truebill.
It automatically searches for all your subscriptions, so you can review which bills need to be reduced or canceled.
It’s super convenient, and the process is very user-friendly.
What Subscription Options Does Netflix Have?
Netflix offers three different Netflix plan subscription options, and the plan details are as follows:
- Basic: $9.99/month, streaming on one device at a time in standard definition (SD).
- Standard: $15.49/month, streaming on two devices at a time in high definition (HD).
- Premium: $19.99/month, streaming on four devices at a time in ultra-high definition (UHD).
There are no free trials with Netflix; however, it’s very easy to switch between plans because there are no cancellation fees or contracts.
Netflix Company Information
Netflix is a US entertainment company that offers an affordable, monthly subscription streaming service for streaming TV series and movies with the ability to watch offline, no ads, and personal recommendations for you based on your viewing habits.
With over 17,000 titles to choose from, Netflix has something for everyone in the 190 countries and 200 million customers they serve.
📣 Social Media Accounts
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
100 Winchester Circle,
Los Gatos, CA 95032,
📧 Email Address
📞 Phone Numbers
💬 Live Chat
💁 Help & Support Pages
Cancel Netflix Subscription FAQs
Can You Pause your Netflix Subscription?
Yes, you can pause your Netflix subscription from the Netflix website.
Netflix allows its users to pause their accounts for up to 10 months.
Does Netflix Offer Refunds?
No, Netflix has a strict no refund policy.
If you cancel your subscription, you will lose access to all the features after your current billing period.
Does Netflix Offer A Free Trial?
No, Netflix does not offer free trials; however, you can cancel online or change your plan easily as there are no commitments or contracts.
However, it is straightforward to start your Netflix account up again should you decide that you want to continue with the benefits that Netflix offers.
Does Netflix Have a Cancellation Fee?
No, there is no charge to cancel Netflix, and Netflix users will only be charged for the months that they use the service.