|⚠️ Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||Truebill, Phone, Text/Live Chat, Email, and Contact Form/Website|
|🚫 After Cancellation||Expires Immediately|
|💰 Get Refund||Good Chance|
|💳 Prevent Charges||Yes, with Free Virtual Card|
Looking for a hassle-free way how to cancel your Greenlight Card Account?
You’re in the right place.
We took our time and did extensive research to help give you a consolidated guide on how to cancel your Greenlight Account.
Here are the best methods that we thought you ought to know.
How Do I Cancel My Greenlight Card Account?
To cancel a Greenlight Card Account, you can use the Truebill, phone, text/live chat, email, and contact form/website to request a cancellation.
Still, we’ve found that using Truebill is the fastest and easiest method to cancel your Greenlight Card account altogether.
⭐ Cancel Greenlight Card Account Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your Greenlight Card Account from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your Greenlight Card Account for you.
Cancel Greenlight Card Account on Phone
To delete accounts associated with Greenlight via the phone, you will be required to follow the following steps:
- Dial their customer care team through 888-483-2645
- Once the customer support representative picks, ask them to delete or close your account
- Provide them with the extra details for them to proceed, and
- Remember to ask for an email confirmation once they have closed it.
Important Note 1: The customer support team is available 24 hours across the 7 days subject to holiday hours.
Cancel Greenlight Card Account by Text/Live Chat
You have an option to delete your account by text or what is commonly known as live chat. This method is also available to Greenlight customers with the aim of making it easier for customers to get the much-needed support. To do this, you will be expected to:
- Text the customer support team via 404-974-3024
- This will open a live chat that will allow you to engage with them.
Important Note 1: If you are accessing this service via a computer, you can click on the following link and it will take you directly to the live chat page.
Cancel Greenlight Card Account Online via Website
If none of the above methods are working for you, you can delete your account by filling in the request or contact form provided on Greenlight website for easy instructions to the support team. This includes;
- Access the Greenlight official website
- Navigate to https://help.greenlight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- On the Type of request, select Account Maintenance & Cancellation request
- Continue to fill in the other relevant information on the form as prompted
(Additional information needed includes; email account/address, Primary account email, Phone number, Child’s First & Last Names, Subject title, Description, and choosing an option that best fits the action required on the account).
- Click on the submit button to complete the process
Cancel Greenlight Card Account by an Email
The last method available for you to cancel your account is by sending a normal email to customer support asking or requesting them to delete your account. This requires you to;
- Navigate to your email account and sign in with associated credentials
- Go to Compose (for Gmail)
- Write this mail to [email protected]
- On the Subject Line, Indicate ‘Request To Delete My Account’
- In the body section, State the reason for your termination and provide the necessary information.
- Include a request for a confirmation email as to the request
- Click on send to complete the process
How to Prevent Future Charges from Greenlight
We’ve all been there – you cancel a subscription, and later on, you find out they’ve been charging your account the whole time.
Unfortunately, this is all too common when it comes to subscription services.
The best way to prevent future billing is to change your payment method to a free Privacy virtual card that you control, like an on and off switch.
Here’s how to get started in 3 minutes or less with Privacy:
- Get a FREE account with Privacy & connect your bank account.
- Create a new virtual card for each subscription and set a monthly limit.
- You now have control and peace of mind. Nice work!
We recommend you use Privacy for all online transactions for safety and security by not exposing your actual card information.
When you decide to cancel a service you’ve signed up for with Privacy, you can simply turn off that virtual card and prevent future billing.
You can also set charge limits to avoid surprise charges or increased rates without your knowledge.
What Account Options Does Greenlight Card Have?
Greenlight has three major plans that are of interest to their customers. They are;
- Greenlight: This package comes at a cost of $4.99 per month which provides the customer with basic benefits such as core financial tools, access to the app, and a kid’s debit card.
- Greenlight Invest: This is the second package that is more advanced than the Greenlight at a cost of $7.98 per month. The included benefits and features include the ability of the parents to invest in their children’s future and the kids themselves being able to invest on their own through the platform specifically designed to accommodate these two features.
- Greenlight Max: As opposed to the other plans, Greenlight Max comes at a cost of 9.98 per month and has added benefits such as a 1% cashback on every purchase or deposit, prioritized customer support, and both cellphone and identity theft protection.
Is It Hard to Cancel Greenlight Card Account?
Unfortunately yes! Through our extensive research stated earlier, we have analyzed various methods available to you in canceling your Greenlight Card Account and we can authoritatively conclude that the easiest way to cancel your account is by the use of the Truebill app. This app has great features that make deleting Greenlight Card accounts look like child play.
What Happens If I Cancel My Greenlight Card Account?
Canceling or deleting your Greenlight account means that you will no longer enjoy the associated benefits such as access to your debit card will be limited. It also means that after 30 days, your data will be deleted from the database.
Can You Cancel Greenlight Card Account at Any Time?
Yes. you can delete your Greenlight account or Greenlight Card plan at any time and you will be refunded any remaining amount.
How to Get a Refund After Canceling Greenlight Card Account
After you cancel your Greenlight Card Account with one of the methods above, you can send out an email asking for a refund of unused months.
If you previously tried to cancel your account and had trouble canceling, you can use the email template below to request a refund.
- I had trouble canceling my membership and thought my subscription was already canceled. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.
You can find the Greenlight Card contact information below.
The trick is to keep the email short and sweet and be honest.
Lower Your Greenlight Card Account Cost Without Canceling
Are you trying to lower your bill to avoid having to cancel your Greenlight Card Account?
While no method is a guarantee, there are a couple of things you can try to lower your account cost.
Is it worth the effort?
Well, sure, why not?
If it means you don’t have to cancel account services, it’s definitely worth it.
Use a Bill Negotiation Service
There are certain bill negotiation services that will actually cancel services for you or negotiate a lower membership fee to avoid having to cancel the account altogether.
Our favorite bill negotiation service is Truebill.
It automatically searches for all your subscriptions, so you can review which bills need to be reduced or canceled.
It’s super convenient, and the process is very user-friendly.
Greenlight Card Company Information
Greenlight is a financial company whose mission is to help parents and guardians raise financially smart kids. The company helps the children learn investments and how to manage money using real stocks and real life lessons. They further enable the parents to send their kids money and subsequently get notifications when on every expense their kids make.
📣 Social Media Accounts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GreenlightCard/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GreenlightCard
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/greenlightcard/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenlightCard
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
Atlanta, GA, US (HQ)
303 Peachtree St NE #4300
📧 Email Addresses
📞 Phone Numbers
💬 Live Chat
💁 Help & Support Pages
Greenlight Card Policies
- Terms of Service: https://greenlight.com/terms-of-service
- Return Policy: N/A
- Cancellation Policy: https://greenlight.com/terms-of-service/
- Cardholder’s Agreement: https://greenlight.com/cardholder
Greenlight Card Account Charge on Your Bank Account
The Greenlight Card Account can show on your bank account as Greenlight Financial Technology, Greenlight Investment Advisors, LLC, and Community Federal Savings Bank or in another similar manner as per the discretion of the company.
Cancel Greenlight Card Account FAQs
Can You Pause Greenlight Card Account?
Yes. Instead of deleting your account permanently, you are given a chance to pause or in other words deactivate your account temporarily for 30 days and after that, you can choose to reactivate it and continue.
Does Greenlight Card Offer Refunds?
Yes! After canceling your account, you will be allowed to get your refund of any remaining balance.
Does Greenlight Card Have a Cancellation Fee?
No. Greenlight Card company does not charge any cancellation fee.
How to Delete Your Greenlight Card Account Data after Canceling Your Account
Once you have canceled your account, the company will start deleting your account data from their database after 30 days, a process that will take approximately 7 days to complete.