|⚠️ Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||Truebill, Phone, Live Chat, In Person|
|🚫 After Cancellation||Expires Immediately|
|💰 Get Refund||Good Chance|
|💳 Prevent Charges||Yes, with Free Virtual Card|
Worried about the easiest way of canceling your Costco Membership?
We heard your call and answered.
We invite you to dive in and explore the extensively researched methods on the best and easiest way to cancel your Costco Membership.
How Do I Cancel My Costco Membership?
To cancel a Costco Membership, you can use Truebill, phone, live chat, or in-person to request a cancellation.
Still, we’ve found that using Truebill is the fastest and easiest method to cancel your Costco account altogether.
⭐ Cancel Costco Membership Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your Costco Membership from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your Costco Membership for you.
Cancel Costco Membership by Phone
This is an automated system and therefore you will be expected to follow the below steps to the end.
- Dial 1-800-774-2678
- Select the membership option when prompted by the automated voice machine.
- Go ahead and choose the Cancelation option
- Key in your membership number, and
- Follow the prompts
(Ensure that you request a confirmation email at the end of the call)
Cancel Costco Membership by Live Chat
Apart from the above method, you can choose to cancel your membership through a live chat option. To do this, you are requested to;
- Navigate to the Costco official website
- Locate the Customer support page or click here to access the page
- On the bottom left corner, click on the Chat Us button and engage the Costco representatives.
Cancel Costco Membership In Person
You are also able to cancel your membership by walking to any Costco local store’s membership counter and requesting the customer care support team representative to cancel your membership.
To do so, you must ensure that you have your Costco Membership Card and your Photo ID after which you can follow the following steps;
- Walk to the Membership Counter
- Notify them of your intention to cancel your subscription
- Provide the required information, and
- Ask for any refund that you are eligible to get
- Request them to send you a membership cancellation confirmation mail for your future reference.
Important Note: For all of the above cancellation methods, you should ensure that the Costco auto-renewal options are also canceled. This prevents the possibility of you being charged any fees while the cancellation is being worked on.
How to Prevent Future Charges from Costco
We’ve all been there – you cancel a subscription, and later on, you find out they’ve been charging your account the whole time.
Unfortunately, this is all too common when it comes to subscription services.
The best way to prevent future billing is to change your payment method to a free Privacy virtual card that you control, like an on and off switch.
Here’s how to get started in 3 minutes or less with Privacy:
- Get a FREE account with Privacy & connect your bank account.
- Create a new virtual card for each subscription and set a monthly limit.
- You now have control and peace of mind. Nice work!
We recommend you use Privacy for all online transactions for safety and security by not exposing your actual card information.
When you decide to cancel a service you’ve signed up for with Privacy, you can simply turn off that virtual card and prevent future billing.
You can also set charge limits to avoid surprise charges or increased rates without your knowledge.
What Membership Options Does Costco Have?
- Costco Executive Membership ($120 per Year): Above the basic plan benefits, this plan comes with 2% annual award, services discounts and the customer enjoys a connection magazine.
- Gold Star Membership ($60 per Year): This is the basic Costco plan that includes the basic benefits and the members enjoy 2 membership cards, a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and enables the customers to shop online and in the Costco stores.
Is It Hard to Cancel Costco Membership?
Canceling Costco online membership is not a walk in the pack or as straight as it seems but through the methods highlighted above, we can confidently say that the easiest method to cancel your Costco membership via the Truebill app which takes only a few seconds and you are done canceling your membership.
What Happens If I Cancel My Costco Membership?
Canceling Costco membership means that you will be terminating your benefits associated with either membership plan that you had subscribed to.
Also, cancellation of membership means that you can no longer access Costco stores across the country because they are only meant to serve existing members.
Can You Cancel Costco at Any Time?
Yes. Costco allows its customers to cancel their membership at any time and this can be done by phone or via the live chat support using the steps as provided above.
How to Get a Refund After Canceling Costco Membership
After you cancel your Costco Membership with one of the methods above, you can send out an email asking for a refund of unused months.
If you previously tried to cancel your membership and had trouble canceling, you can use the email template below to request a refund.
- I had trouble canceling my membership and thought my subscription was already canceled. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.
You can find the Costco contact information below.
The trick is to keep the email short and sweet and be honest.
Lower Your Costco Membership Cost Without Canceling
Are you trying to lower your bill to avoid having to cancel your Costco Membership?
While no method is a guarantee, there are a couple of things you can try to lower your membership cost.
Is it worth the effort?
Well, sure, why not?
If it means you don’t have to cancel membership services, it’s definitely worth it.
Use a Bill Negotiation Service
There are certain bill negotiation services that will actually cancel services for you or negotiate a lower membership fee to avoid having to cancel the membership altogether.
Our favorite bill negotiation service is Truebill.
It automatically searches for all your subscriptions, so you can review which bills need to be reduced or canceled.
It’s super convenient, and the process is very user-friendly.
Costco Company Information
This is a wholesale company providing its customers with the ability to shop or place bulk orders at affordable prices.
You can sign up for Costco membership online and access their membership plans which includes Costco executive membership and Costco Gold Star Membership.
If opening a Costco account online is not for you, don’t worry because you can open an account with them at your local Costco store or at any other Costco location, you can do so by walking directly to the Costco membership counter and register.
The major benefits that come along with these memberships include getting a Costco membership card, Costco Credit card, and access to the Costco cash rewards program.
📣 Social Media Accounts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/costco
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/costco
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Costco/
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
999 Lake Drive
Issaquah, WA 98027
📧 Email Addresses
Costco customer service does not offer email support to its customers but are available via call or through live chat support.
📞 Phone Numbers
💬 Live Chat
💁 Help & Support Pages
- Terms of Service: https://www.costco.com/terms-and-conditions-of-use.html
- Return Policy: https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1191
- Cancellation Policy: https://www.costco.com/terms-and-conditions-of-use.htm
Costco Membership Charge on Your Bank Account
The Costco Membership can show on your bank account as Costco, Costco Wholesale, Costco.com, Kirkland Signature, Costco Wholesale Corporation or in another similar manner.
Cancel Costco Membership FAQs
Can You Pause Costco Membership?
It is not clear whether you can pause Costco Membership yet but what we are sure of is that it is possible to cancel membership at any time.
Does Costco Offer Refunds?
The company offers a 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee where they commit to refund any your membership fees paid by you at any time.
Does Costco Have a Cancellation Fee?
The Costco Warehouse company does now charge any cancellation fees. If you choose to cancel your membership, you are assured that they will not charge you any extra fees to do that.
How to Delete Your Costco Account Data after Canceling Your Membership
If you wish to have the costco customer service to delete or not share/sell your account data from the database, you will have to fill the ‘Do Not sell My Personal Information’ form by clicking on this link https://www.costco.com/DNSMIView.
To have this data completely removed from their database, we advise that you write them an email, call or engage the member services center representative and ask them to delete your account data. This can be done by following the same steps provided above on how to cancel Costco Membership via various methods.