|⚠️ Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||Truebill, Clipper Card Website, iPhone, Android, PayPal, Email, Phone Call|
|🚫 After Cancellation||Immediately|
|💰 Get Refund||Good Chance|
|💳 Prevent Charges||Yes, with Free Virtual Card|
Are you looking for a way to cancel your Clipper Card?
Great! We’ve got all the information you need on how to cancel a Clipper Card.
We have researched extensively and found the best way to cancel your Clipper Card.
Let’s dive right in, and we’ll show you exactly how to cancel a Clipper Card.
How Do I Cancel My Clipper Card?
To cancel a Clipper Card account, you can use the online website, iPhone, Android, PayPal, email, or phone to request a cancellation.
Still, we’ve found that using Truebill is the fastest and easiest method to cancel your Clipper Card account altogether.
⭐ Cancel Clipper Card Account Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your Clipper Card account from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your Clipper Card for you.
Cancel Clipper Card Online Through Customer Service Center
Clipper Card offers several ways to cancel your Clipper Card on the Clipper website.
You can contact Clipper customer service directly, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m – 7 p.m.
Here are the ways to cancel your Clipper Card online through Clipper customer service:
Customer Service Center Phone:
- First, make sure you have all your contact details, Clipper account details, and Clipper card details handy.
- Contact Clipper customer service by phone at 1-877-878-8883, 1-800-735-2929, or TDD/TTY: 711.
- Advise Clipper customer service that you wish to cancel your Clipper card.
- Follow their instructions and ask for confirmation that your Clipper card account has been canceled.
Customer Service Center Cancellation Form:
- Download the Clipper cancellation form and fill out the details required.
- Mail the cancellation form – along with your Clipper card – to:
Clipper Customer Service,
PO Box 318, Concord, CA 94522-0318
- If you load cash by using Autoload to load value online, check with your payment provider that no further money has been withdrawn once your Clipper Card is canceled.
- Contact Clipper customer service if you have any issues.
Customer Service Center Email:
- Make sure you have all relevant account, card details and contact details handy.
- Please contact Clipper customer support by email at [email protected]
- Advise the customer service team that you wish to cancel your Clipper Card.
- If you have chosen to load cash onto your Clipper Card through Autoload, double-check that no further money has been withdrawn from your payment provider.
- Contact Clipper customer service if you have any issues.
Cancel Clipper Card with Your iPhone
The Clipper app for iPhone is an easy way to manage and operate your Clipper Card.
It’s also handy when you want to cancel your Clipper Card because the Clipper app lets you cancel without having to contact Clipper customer service.
- Open your iPhone settings app and tap on your name, then tap on the ‘Subscriptions’ tab. If the ‘Subscriptions’ tab does not appear as an option, you will need to select ‘iTunes & Appstore’ first.
- Tap on your Apple ID, Click on ‘View Apple ID’ and sign in to your account.
- Select your Clipper card account and tap ‘Cancel.’
- If you add cash via Autoload, check with your payment provider that this process has been canceled.
- Contact Clipper customer service if you run into any problems.
Once your Clipper Card has been canceled, it’s a good idea to remove the Clipper Card app from your iPhone.
Note: Removing the Clipper Card app from your iPhone does not cancel the subscription.
Cancel Clipper Card on Your Android Device
You can cancel your Clipper account on your Android device using the following steps:
- Open the Google Play Store, making sure you log in to the Google account that relates to your Clipper Card membership.
- Sign in to your account, click on menu, then navigate to ‘Subscriptions.’
- Choose your Clipper Card subscription and tap on ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- If you load cash value onto your Clipper Card or Clipper Cards using Autoload, double check with your payment provider that your payments have been discontinued.
- Please contact Clipper customer service if you have any issues with this process.
Once your Clipper Card has been canceled, it’s a good idea to remove the Clipper Card app from yourAndroid device.
Note: Removing the Clipper Card app from your Android device does not cancel the subscription.
Cancel Clipper Card Through Your PayPal Account
- Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com.
- Locate the ‘Settings’ tab and click on ‘Payments.’
- Tap on ‘Manage Automatic Payments’ from the automatic payments dashboard.
- Select either ‘Clipper Card’ or ‘Metropolitan Transportation Commission’ and select ‘Cancel Automatic Payments’ from the confirmation page.
- Click ‘Done’ on the verification page.
- Double-check that the agency responsible for Clipper is no longer taking payments from your payment provider.
- Contact Clipper customer service if you need assistance.
How to Prevent Future Charges from Clipper Card
We’ve all been there – you cancel a subscription, and later on, you find out they’ve been charging your account the whole time.
Unfortunately, this is all too common when it comes to subscription services.
The best way to prevent future billing is to change your payment method to a free Privacy virtual card that you control, like an on and off switch.
Here’s how to get started in 3 minutes or less with Privacy:
- Get a FREE account with Privacy & connect your bank account.
- Create a new virtual card for each subscription and set a monthly limit.
- You now have control and peace of mind. Nice work!
We recommend you use Privacy for all online transactions for safety and security by not exposing your actual card information.
When you decide to cancel a service you’ve signed up for with Privacy, you can simply turn off that virtual card and prevent future billing.
You can also set charge limits to avoid surprise charges or increased rates without your knowledge.
What Subscription Options Does Clipper Card Have?
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission has no specific subscription options with the Clipper card, you can load value at any time or reload your card using the Autoload facility.
Riders with disabilities, youth, and seniors can qualify for discounts on Clipper cards, and some transit services will also offer discounts or passes exclusively to Clipper card users.
Your Clipper card or phone with the Clipper app will need a tag from a Clipper card reader when you embark on your trip, and sometimes you’ll need to tag your card or phone on a Clipper reader when you disembark from your trip.
Is It Hard to Cancel Clipper Card Account?
Yes, Clipper Card is hard to cancel.
However, the easiest way to cancel your subscription is to use the Truebill app.
The Truebill app automatically finds all your unwanted subscriptions and cancels them automatically.
What Happens If I Cancel My Clipper Card Account?
Once you cancel your Clipper Card account, your balance will no longer be available.
However, before you cancel your account, you may transfer your balance to your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
In addition, you may receive a full or partial refund.
Can You Cancel Clipper Card at Any Time?
Yes, you can cancel Clipper Card at any time; however, deleting the Clipper Card app from your phone does not cancel your subscription.
By using the Clipper cancellation form, you can also request a refund of the cash value on your card.
However, there is a $5.00 refund fee, so your Clipper care must have a minimum balance of $5.00 cash value.
How to Get a Refund After Cancelling Clipper Card
After you cancel your Clipper Card subscription with one of the methods above, you can send an email asking for a refund of unused months.
If you previously tried to cancel your subscription and had trouble canceling, you can use the email template below to request a refund.
“I had trouble canceling my membership and thought my subscription was already canceled. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.”
You can find the Clipper Card contact information below.
The trick is to keep the email short and sweet and be honest.
Lower Your Clipper Card Subscription Cost Without Cancelling
Are you trying to lower your bill to avoid having to cancel your Clipper Card membership?
While no method is a guarantee, there are a couple of things you can try to lower your membership cost.
Is it worth the effort?
Well, sure, why not?
If it means you don’t have to cancel Clipper Card services, it’s definitely worth it.
Use a Bill Negotiation Service
There are certain bill negotiation services that will actually cancel services for you or negotiate a lower membership fee to avoid having to cancel the account altogether.
Our favorite bill negotiation service is Truebill.
It automatically searches for all your subscriptions, so you can review which bills need to be reduced or canceled.
It’s super convenient, and the process is very user-friendly.
Clipper Card Company Information
The Clipper card is provided by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for valid fare collection automatically from travelers in the San Francisco Bay area.
Clipper cards are rechargeable cards that can be used on all San Francisco Bay Area public transportation systems, including buses, light rail, and ferries
If you’re using an iPhone, you can purchase a Clipper Card in Apple Wallet using Apple Pay, and if you’re using an Android phone, you can purchase a Clipper Card in Google Play.
You can also purchase a Clipper Card at any Clipper retail locations or transit agencies displaying the Clipper logo, including BART, Caltrain, Muni, and VTA.
Nearly all public transportation services accept the Clipper Card with the only notable exceptions being Amtrak and the San Francisco cable cars.
The Clipper Card is valid for an unlimited number of rides on all participating transit systems, including BART, Caltrain, Muni, VTA, AC Transit, SamTrans, Golden Gate Transit, and ferries operated by SF Bay Ferry and Golden Gate Ferry.
📣 Social Media Accounts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BayAreaClipper/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bayareaclipper
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ssu_clippercard/
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
1600 Franklin St,
Oakland, CA 94612
📧 Email Address
📞 Phone Numbers
💬 Live Chat
💁 Help & Support Page
Clipper Card Policies
- Refund Policy: https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/agreement.html
- Cancellation Policy: https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/agreement.html
Cancel Clipper Card FAQs
Can You Pause Clipper Card Membership?
No, you can’t pause your Clipper Card; however, you can cancel your membership and reapply at a later date.
Does Clipper Card Offer Refunds?
Yes, you can get a full or partial refund of the cash value of your card, provided your balance is not below $5.00.
Does Clipper Card Have a Cancellation Fee?
Yes, Clipper Card charges a $5.00 cancellation fee; however, if your credit is below $5.00, you will not receive any refund.
However, you will not have to pay the cancellation fee.