|⚠️Difficulty||Hard to Cancel|
|❌ How to Cancel||4 Methods|
|🚫 Expires When||End of the Billing Cycle|
|💰 Get Refund||Good Chance|
|💳 Prevent Charges||Yes, with a Free Virtual Card|
Are you looking for a way to cancel your Amazon Prime membership?
Great! You’re in the right place.
We have researched extensively and found the best way to cancel your Amazon Prime membership.
Let’s dive right in, and we’ll show you exactly how to cancel your Amazon Prime membership.
How Do I Cancel My Amazon Prime Membership?
To cancel an Amazon Prime membership, you can useTruebill, website, app, or phone to request a cancellation.
Once you’ve supplied the required information and the cancellation request has been processed, the account expires and you will no longer be billed for your Amazon Prime subscription.
We’ve found that using Truebill is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable method to cancel subscription charges from Amazon Prime.
⭐ Cancel Amazon Prime Membership Automatically (Fast & Easy)
We highly recommend using Truebill to find any unwanted subscriptions you may have and automatically cancel them with ease.
- Get the FREE Truebill app and connect your bank account (to find all your active subscriptions).
- Tap on the ‘Recurring’ tab at the bottom.
- Select your Amazon Prime membership from the list.
- Tap on ‘Options’ and choose the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- Truebill will automatically cancel your Amazon Prime membership for you.
Cancel Amazon Prime Membership Online Through The Website
You can cancel your Amazon Prime account through the Amazon website.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on what to do:
- Visit the Amazon website using your favorite browser and log in to your account.
- Hover over the ‘Accounts & Lists’ tab on the upper right corner of the home page and select ‘Prime Membership.’
- Under your Prime plan, you’ll find information relevant to your membership – such as renewal date – and management options.
- Click on ‘Manage Membership,’ then select the ‘End Membership’ button from the next screen.
- You’ll find that the next page conveniently shows how many days you have left of your Prime benefits before you’re due to be billed again.
- Select ‘Cancel My Benefits.’
Cancel Amazon Prime Membership Online By Phone
If you would prefer to speak to a customer services representative, you can cancel your membership by phone as follows:
- Call customer services at 1-866-216-1072.
- Follow the cancellation process given to you by the customer services representative.
Note: You can also contact the customer services team through the online chat facility available from your account page.
Cancel Amazon Prime Membership Online Through The App
You can cancel your membership using the Amazon app, whether it’s on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Open the Apple App Store or the Google Play app on your device.
- Open the app home page and tap the menu icon or the three lines on the bottom right of the page and sign in to your account.
- Select ‘Account’ then scroll down your account settings until you reach ‘Manage Prime Membership.’
- Under your profile name, tap on ‘Manage Membership,’ then ‘Update.’
- You’ll get a message advising you how many days are left before the end of your billing cycle. You can select ‘Remind Me Later,’ and Amazon will notify you three days before your next bill is due.
- However, if you are ready, tap ‘Cancel,’ then ‘End Membership.’
Is It Hard to Cancel an Amazon Prime Membership?
Yes, it is hard to cancel an Amazon Prime membership; however, the easiest way to cancel your subscription is to use the Truebill app.
The Truebill app finds all your unwanted subscriptions and cancels them automatically.
What Happens If I Cancel My Amazon Prime Membership?
You will be able to continue to enjoy benefits until the end of your current billing cycle.
Still, you will not be required to pay anything more.
Can You Cancel Amazon Prime Anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your account anytime and still enjoy your membership benefits until your next payment is due.
There’s nothing more to pay for. However, you can renew your membership anytime.
How to Get a Refund After Cancelling Amazon Prime Membership
After you cancel your Amazon Prime membership with one of the methods above, you can email or call asking for a refund of unused months.
Suppose you previously tried to cancel your subscription and had trouble canceling.
In that case, you can use the template below to request a refund by email or phone.
“I had trouble canceling my membership and thought I had already canceled my subscription. I have been billed for months that I did not use the service. I’m requesting a refund for [MONTH – MONTH] of the service, please.”
You can find the Amazon Prime contact information below.
The key is to keep the email or call short and sweet and be honest.
Some companies will not offer a refund, but some do case-by-case.
What Membership Options Does Amazon Prime Have?
Amazon Prime offers three memberships with full Prime benefits and two payment options:
- Amazon Prime Membership: This option is available for either $14.99 per month or an annual fee of
- $139.99 per year. There is a 30-day free trial, and you can cancel your paid membership within the 30-day trial free trial. Subscriptions renew each month or year, and the end of the free trial will be the renewal date for your account.
- Student Membership: This option is $7.49 per month or $69.00 per year. There is a six-month free trial, and you can cancel your paid membership within the free trial period with no charges. Subscriptions renew each month or year, depending on which option customers choose.
- EBT Card Holders: Eligible EBT cardholders enjoy membership at a subscription rate of $6.99 per month, and subscriptions renew monthly after the 30-day free trial.
Amazon Prime Company Information
Amazon Prime is a popular program that gives customers access to exclusive services and deals.
Some benefits of being an Amazon Prime member include free two-day shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows, and exclusive discounts.
Other benefits include early access to deals and access to special Prime Day sales.
Amazon Prime members also have access to Prime Pantry, a grocery service that offers exclusive coupons and discounts on food and household items.
📣 Social Media Accounts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmazonPrime
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/primevideo
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/primevideo/
🌐 Website Address
📬 Mailing Address
410 Terry Ave N,
Seattle 98109, WA
📧 Email Addresses
📞 Phone Number
💬 Live Chat
- Through your Amazon account page.
💁 Help & Support Pages
Amazon Prime Policies
- Terms of Service: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202140280
- Return Policy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GKM69DUUYKQWKWX7
- Cancellation Policy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G2B9L3YR7LR8J4XP
Cancel Amazon Prime Membership FAQs
Can You Pause Amazon Prime Membership?
Yes, you can pause your Amazon Prime subscription if you don’t want to end your membership; however, your benefits will not be available while your membership is paused.
Passing and resuming your membership happen on Prime Central by selecting the ‘Membership Management’ option.
Does Amazon Prime Offer Refunds?
Suppose you signed up recently for your Amazon Prime membership and haven’t used Prime Shipping, Prime Gaming, Prime Music, Prime Video, or any other Prime member benefits.
In that case, you are entitled to a full refund if you wish to cancel.
However, if you have started to use your account benefits, you can’t get a full refund, but you can enjoy your Amazon Prime benefits until the end of your billing cycle.
You may be entitled to a partial refund based on how many benefits you have used, your current membership period, and any other criteria Amazon Prime may have to end your membership.
Contact the customer service team at 1-866-216-1072 to enquire about partial refunds.
Does Amazon Prime Have a Cancellation Fee?
There is no cancellation fee to cancel Prime and end your Amazon Prime membership.